Taylor County Human Services
Liza Daleiden, Director
Location & Mailing Address:
540 E College Ave.
Medford, WI 54451
Phone: 715 . 748 . 3332
Fax: 715 . 748 . 3342
Hours: M – F 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Evenings by appointment.
How to Access Services
If you are interested in receiving services for yourself or someone else, contact an agency intake worker in person or by telephone at 715 . 748 . 3332. The intake worker will answer your questions and refer you to the appropriate services.
All Taylor County residents are eligible for services provided by the Taylor County Human Services Department.
No one will be denied services due to inability to pay. A discounted sliding fee schedule is available for consumers who qualify. Many case management and support services are available at no cost. Other fee chargeable services may be billed to your insurance company.
24 Hour Crisis Intervention
For after hours crisis service, contact the Taylor County Sheriff’s Department at 715.748.2200. The Sheriff’s Department will arrange for a Human Services staff member to assist with the crisis.
Furnance or Fuel Emergency
In case of a furnace or fuel emergency after hours please contact the sheriff’s Department non-emergency phone number 715.748.2200.
The Taylor County Human Services Department promotes and encourages the well-being, safety, independence and self-sufficiency of all Taylor County individuals and families through the provision of supportive services. As a public agency and department within county government, the Taylor County Human Services Department operates under a Human Services Board which is appointed by the Taylor County Board of Supervisors. Administrative oversight is also provided by a number of state departments. Agency funding comes from a variety of sources including federal, state, and county revenue as well as client fees. The following units offer a variety of needed services:
Mental Health Services
Taylor County Human Services provides a fully certified outpatient Mental Health Clinic including licensed mental health therapists, a psychologist and psychiatrist. All residents of Taylor County may access confidential services which may be billed to insurance or provided on a sliding fee / ability to pay scale. Taylor County Human Services Mental Health Clinic is a preferred provider for many insurances and accepts Medicaid / BadgerCare+ insurance plans. Please call our intake office 715 . 748 . 3332 with any questions or to set up an appointment,
Mental Health Services include:
- Individual, Marital and Family Counseling
- Psychological Evaluations
- Psychiatric Consultations
- Community Support Program for Mentally Ill
- Court-Ordered Commitment Services
- Residential Placement Services
- Inpatient Psychiatric Hospitalizations
- Sheltered Employment
- Comprehensive Community Services
Taylor County Human Services provides a fully certified Alcohol and Other Drug (AODA) outpatient clinic including certified AODA counselors and an Intoxicated Driver Program Assessor. All residents of Taylor County may access confidential services which may be billed to insurance or provided on a sliding fee / ability to pay scale. Taylor County Human Services Mental Health Clinic is a preferred provider for many insurances and accepts Medicaid / BadgerCare+ insurance plans. Please call our intake office at 715 . 748 . 3332 with any questions or to set up an appointment.
AODA Services include:
- Substance Abuse Voluntary or Court Ordered Assessments
- Substance Abuse Counseling
- Intoxicated Driver Program
- AODA Group Counseling
- Prevention / Intervention Services
- Inpatient AODA Treatment
- Transitional Living
- Comprehensive Community Services
NOTE: Pregnant Women shall receive treatment for substance abuse on a priority basis.
Economic Support Unit
- Income Maintenance – Information on Medicaid services such as FoodShare, BadgerCare and Healthy Start.
- General Relief
- Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program
- Wisconsin Shares (child care funding)
- Birth to 3 Program
- Children’s Long-Term Support Waiver
- Children’s Community Option Program
- Alzheimer’s Funding
- Elder Abuse / Neglect and Adult at Risk Investigations
- Guardianship and Protective Placement Services
Children and Family Service Unit
- Juvenile Court Suspension
- Childrens’ Court Services
- Child Abuse and Neglect Asessments
- Foster Home Licensing
- Kinship Care Program
- Parent Education and Support Services
- Child Care Profider Certification
- Out-of-Home Care Placements Services
- Coordinated Services Team