Firewood Permits may be purchased from the:
Taylor County Forestry and Recreation Department
224 S 2nd Street Medford, WI 54451.
FEE: $25.00. LIMIT: 5 Standard Cords.
Description of Permit Area: Taylor County Forest.
Excluded Areas: Areas in or within 200 feet of ponds, lakes, streams, or rivers.
Effective Dates of Permit: From January 1 to December 31.
Conditions of Permit:
- Only felled trees, dead and down trees, tree tops, and ends resulting from logging operations may be removed for firewood. No cutting standing dead trees.
- Permittee will use the wood for personal use only. No firewood is to be sold. There is a limit of no more than 5 standard cords (4′ X 4′ X 8′) per household.
- Permittee agrees to remove any slash from roadways and trails resulting from the removal of firewood.
- No cutting firewood on active timber sales.
- This permit shall be in possession of Permittee at all times firewood is being cut or removed from the permit area. Permittee agrees to show permit to any County or State agent.
- Taylor County may immediately cancel or revoke this permit by giving oral notice to the Permittee if any of the terms or conditions of the permit are violated.
- Permittee shall maintain all forest roads and trails in their original condition.
- No mechanical tree skidding equipment allowed.
- Job Notices
- Area Plumbers
- Boat Launch Permit
- Civil Process Fees
- Election Information
- Employment Application
- Food Resource Guide
- Foster Care - Continuing Ed Log
- Foster Care - Training Reimbursement
- Foster Care - Reading/Video Ongoing Ed
- Foster Care - Prof Consultation Ongoing Ed
- GIS / Tax Info
- HyperReach SignUp
- Intent to Harvest
- Land Notification
- Pay Property Taxes Online
- Real Estate Records
- Sheriff Sales
- Supervisory Districts Map
- TASO Records Request
- TASO Use of Force Policy
- Taylor County Resource Guide
- Timber Sales
- UMR Transparency In Coverage
- Vital Records