Taylor County offers a Drinking Water Testing Program with discounted test packages once per year. Bottles for the next program will be handed out July 27-31, 2020. The samples must be taken and returned on Monday August 3, 2020. Watch our Facebook page and the Shopper in July for details.
How do I know which test(s) to perform?
- This is the basic package, perform this set of tests if you are unsure of which tests to perform.
- This package includes the two most important test to perform regularly on a well (bacteria and nitrate)
Metals Package, Consider this test package if
- You have never had your well tested for arsenic
- You are experiencing problems with staining
- Previous tests indicated the presence of arsenic
- Your plumbing system has components that contain copper or lead
To view the data collected by Taylor County residents over the years analyzed by UWSP WEAL, [click here], then click on “Use the Interactive Well Water Quality Viewer.” This website allows you to pick the test you are interested in, and gives results by township.
Other testing options are available. Taylor County LCD staff can help you choose the tests you need and submit samples for testing. For more information, call us at 715-748-1469.
Water Sample Shipping Rates – Effective 7/1/2019
- 1 Homeowner’s – $6.00 / 2 Homeowner’s – $8.00
1 Metals – $4.00 / 2 Metals – $6.00
Homeowners + Metals – $8.00
Homeowners = 12 oz. / Metals = 6 oz.