The plan was approved by the State of Wisconsin Land and Water Conservation Board on December 4, 2018, 2011 and the Taylor County Board on January 28, 2019.
The plan goals are to
- Protect and improve surface water quality by promoting regenerative agriculture and wise use of the land.
- Protect and improve groundwater quality and quantity.
- Encourage stewardship of private forestlands to protect soil, water resources, fish and wildlife habitat, and to promote sustainable resource use.
- Educate and engage citizens on groundwater, surface water, and soil health initiatives.
- Continue to inventory and control the spread of invasive species.
To view current Land and Water Resource Management Plan [click here]