Note: The Committee will discuss and may act on the following items:
- Call Meeting to Order.
- Approve the Agenda.
- Approve minutes of the April 14, 2022, Finance Committee meeting and the April 26, 2022, Finance and Personnel Committee meeting.
- Treasurer’s Report.
- Review and approve ARPA Funding for the Sheriff’s Department radio equipment.
- Review and approve ARPA Funding for the Fire Department’s radio equipment.
- Review and approve ARPA Funding for fairgrounds drainage issues.
- Warrants and Payroll as submitted.
- Request from Highway Department for a road construction LTE.
- Additional hours for the Treasurer’s office during peak workload.
- Request to fill Deputy Clerk of Court position – Clerk of Court office.
- Request to update Confidential Human Resource Assistant job description – Human Resources Department.
- Follow-up from April 14, 2022, meeting and update Section 3.6, Employee Handbook regarding employee compensation time.
- Request to update Accounting Specialist job description – Commission on Aging.
- Request to update Programs Specialist job description – Commission on Aging.
- Financing for Rusk & Clark County Veteran’s Services Officer to assist Taylor County one day per week.
- The Joint Personnel and Finance Committee may go into Closed Session by taking a roll call vote at approximately 10:45 a.m. pursuant to Sections 19.85(1 (a), (b), (c) & (g), Wisconsin State Statutes. The Closed Session is expected to last for approximately sixty  minutes.
- Considering wages for a casual, part-time Human Services Department employee under Section 19.85 (1)(c), and
- Considering dismissal, demotion, or discipline of any public employee and the taking of formal action on any such matter; provided that the public employee is given actual notice of any evidentiary hearing which may be held prior to final action being taken and of any meeting at which final action may be taken and the right to demand that the evidentiary hearing or meeting be held in open session. Wis. Stat. § 19.85(1)(b). Topic: to receive information pursuant to the grievance procedure as outlined in the Taylor County Employee Handbook. Note: this phase of the procedure and opportunity presentation to the committee is non-evidentiary.
- The meeting will reconvene in Open Session pursuant to Section 19.83, Wisconsin State Statutes, to take any necessary action on the matter discussed in Closed Session.
Posted: 5/12/2022 at 8:15 a.m.
Chairperson: Charles Zenner