- Pick up a test kit from the Taylor County Health Department
Monday – Thursday from 8:30 am – 4 pm
- Drop off at the City of Medford Wastewater Treatment Plant
Monday – Friday from 7 am – 2:30 pm
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- WI Department of Natural Resources
- Water Issues (WI Dept of Health & Family Services)
Safe, clean water is one of the most important substances in our lives – for drinking, cooking, bathing and cleaning. Municipal water systems test their water regularly to ensure it is safe, but it’s up to private well owners to test their well water annually.
Water Testing Kits & Taylor County Lab Services
Fee exempt water test kits for at risk families as defined below are available to test for bacteria, nitrate, metals and fluoride who have a private well. You must be pregnant or have a child that lives with you age 5 and younger or facing a financial hardship. The kit includes: a sterile sample bottle, the instructions for collecting the sample and a sample information form. The current fees for water testing are:
- Bacteria / E. Coli – $30
- Nitrate – $30
- Bacteria / E. Coli / Nitrate – $40
- Arsenic – $25
Contact the health department at 715 . 748 . 1410 – option 5 with any questions concerning our water testing criteria.
When should I test my well water?
- This should be tested prior to children receiving fluoride supplements.
- Once per Well
- Newly constructed wells
- Wells with no testing history
- Before pregnancy and at time of birth
- Annually, if located 1/4 mile from fertilized fields or animal feed lots
- After flooding
- Noticeable changes in the taste, odor or appearance of your water
How do I get my results?
- Test results for bacteria tested from our department are available in 24-48 hours.
- Aresenic can take up to three weeks.
What do I do if the tests show there are problems with my well water?
- If test results show you have coliform in your well water, a second sample should be taken to confirm the first results. The Environmental Health Specialist will provide follow-up recommendations with your test results if needed.
- Job Notices
- Area Plumbers
- Boat Launch Permit
- Civil Process Fees
- Election Information
- Employment Application
- Food Resource Guide
- Foster Care - Continuing Ed Log
- Foster Care - Training Reimbursement
- Foster Care - Reading/Video Ongoing Ed
- Foster Care - Prof Consultation Ongoing Ed
- GIS / Tax Info
- HyperReach SignUp
- Intent to Harvest
- Land Notification
- Pay Property Taxes Online
- Real Estate Records
- Sheriff Sales
- TASO Records Request
- TASO Use of Force Policy
- Taylor County Resource Guide
- Timber Sales
- UMR Transparency In Coverage
- Vital Records